Friday, December 20, 2013

Books I read in 2013

This morning I got an email from Goodreads that was like "Congrats, you've read 5 books in 2013!" and I was like, wut wut? hold up now!  I knew it had been more than 5, so I logged in and saw that I'd only ever entered in the "read on" date for 5, but had "added" 20.  That sounded about right.

 I like Goodreads for keeping track of what I've read, plus leaving & reading star reviews, etc. also it is nice to see what my "friends" have read too (basically only my BFF is on there though... wish more reader people I know would use it... Laura? Mom?).

However I don't really use it to it's full potential, there's a whole community on there and lots of little doo-dads & settings you can mess with that I just haven't bothered with. But there is one thing I knew you could do... make a little widget or "bookshelf" to put in your blog...

So here are the 22 books I've read in 2013.  Basically a mix of memoirs, Young Adult, and eSmut, with one diet book and one American Lit thrown in there for good measure.

How many books did you read? Any recommendations?

madam0wl's bookshelf: read

Natural Law
Return To You
Eleanor & Park
Divergent
Attachments
Deadlocked
The Road
Dead Ever After
The Fault in Our Stars
The Year of the Dog
Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
Life As We Knew It
Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar
Beyond Shame
The Catcher in the Rye
Love's Rhythm
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
Days of Blood & Starlight


madam0wl's favorite books »

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am going to check that Goodreads out and see if I like it for my own reading. I haven't read nearly as many books this year as you have but I do have 5 to read before March 2014. My friends and I have been reading along to Canada Reads (it's a battle of the books thing that public radio does every year, more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Reads) the last couple of years. There are some great ones on those lists, if you are interested.

    I have Wild beside my bed right now, but I don't know when I will get around to it. I read her collected advice columns this year (Tiny, Beautiful Things) and there was a lot in there that I liked.

    ReplyDelete