Friday, June 27, 2014

16 years! and also 6 Months!

Quick update to say that I am in the final < 10 days countdown of the #100HappyDays challenge.  I'm even thinking of keeping up with it, as I've seen people continue with #365HappyDays.  Because why stop noticing happy things?

Also today Stew and I have been married for 16 years!  Yay!  I'd put a picture here but I'm thinking I might tweet a #100HappyDay one so keeping this post text only to avoid redundancy.  By the way, 16 years is something like 5843 days, so quite the long lasting challenge! ha ha   No but really, give or take a few here or there, I'm sure Stew has done at least one small thing each of those days to make me happy.  If even to elicit a smirk/smile.  And for that I am lucky & grateful.  *smooches*

And also guess what, yesterday was 6 months from when I last drank alcohol!  Well it was 180 days anyway.  12/28/13 is my "sobriety" date, so around this weekend basically.  And right now I'm not really planning on drinking alcohol ever again.  Really?  Really.   It is part "challenge" and part just being healthy and part moving into my 40s as my most authentic self (which is oddly like feeling 15 year old again).  It is exciting and I guess I'll have more to say about it but right now I am just putting it out there since 6 months is kind of a cool milestone and I realized I haven't really told very many people yet.  But now I have, yikes...

So I hope you all have good weekends!  And if it is your inclination, go ahead and raise a glass to toast Stew and I, the last thing I want to be is a preachy party pooper.  Which is actually kind of hard to do when you are keeping busy appreciating happy things...   :)


6 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome! On both the 16 years and also the 6 months! I stopped drinking a while ago as well and I think it's been a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you start feeling better!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on sixteen years! And the six months! and on being happy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 100happydays made me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good. I'll try to keep it up to some extent.

      Delete