Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sad Thing

Since you can't appreciate happiness without some sadness, thought I would share a #sadthing...
RIP Earbuds circa 2000 or whenever the first iPod came out.  The iPod bit the dust back in grad school 2010, but these earbuds hung in there and have been my buddies for all my runs since I started about 5 years ago. They must have been in my hoodie pocket and went through the wash & dry and got all twisted &  squished together with exposed & split wires toward the jack end.   :(

The pack rat / use-it-until-it-dies spirit in me almost wants to see if wrapping electric tape around ithe wound would fix them, but alas, the voice of reason / "life is impermanent" spirit in me decided to just thank them for their service and throw away.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I have that same pack rat tendency. But I'd recommend the tape plumbers use screwing pipes together, instead; much more flexible, & no stickiness. (Washer tape, maybe?)

    ReplyDelete