Sunday, April 03, 2016

Spring Break Recap

I was tired of seeing my visor post so decided to summarize Spring Break 2016, as here we are, all alive on the last day... it actually didn't go so bad this year.  I remained fairly calm, the first few days at least.  

The boys were OK about the Easter Bunny needing to have coffee first, and we visited friends that evening.  In the beginning of the week we had lovely weather. We opened the windows and did some Spring Cleaning.  Milo helped mop the kitchen and bathroom. Wiley went out and brushed shedding hair off the dogs.  Cyrus actually persevered though push mowing for more than 10 minutes.  In fact I think he was out for closer to 30 before coming in all red faced and sweaty.  Wiley finished up the front yard and they both split the backyard the next day.  


Another outdoorsy project we completed was to plant two of the trees we've had in containers out on the back patio/terrace thing.  One was a Japanese Maple (Moonfire variety I believe) that was given as a memorial gift by my Stewart in-laws last Spring after Dad died.  We put that out front.  Wiley is a good hole digger, which is good because we actually had to plant this one twice.  The first spot I picked for it was deemed too close to the house as the roots would have gone up under the sidewalk.  For some reason I thought roots went down, not out.  Lesson learned. Been learning lots of lessons lately (like, don't call your car insurance if you ding a door! what a hassle, just work it out between parties), amazing how learning still continues throughout life. 

The second tree, a Red Maple I believe, is one Cyrus started from seed when he was little and we were still in the rental house down here.  It isn't starting to leaf out yet this season so it a little hard to see there in the backyard, but we put it out past where the pool used to be.  Not sure if we are going to get another pool this year or not... I mentioned to the boys that I wasn't sure and they were kind of upset so I guess we'll see.  There weren't really any good days this Spring Break to get in a pool anyway, although I think they got in last year.  A backyard pool definitely is a nice "there is nothing to do!" activity during summer... so we'll see.  


The last part of the week kind of disintegrated a bit.  I started getting PMSy irritable and also the weather did that thing where it looked and felt like it was going to rain but then never did. And that drives me crazy.  It drizzled now and then and did finally rain to the point of puddles yesterday, thankfully it held off until after Milo's Saturday morning soccer game.  

Looking forward to getting back into regular routine tomorrow.  Need to get back to crochet too.  I have inventory I need to build up...

No comments:

Post a Comment